21 January, 2006

Sangria



I'll tell you about the drink that I've bought,
and despite all the things I've been taught,
I enjoy losing the power of rational thought,
and I accept it with the grace that a criminal accepts being caught.

Says on the bottle its imported from Spain,
but because it causes great kidney pain,
it was extradicted-let me explain....
how of (my life) this drink is now the bane!

Even though its only 10%
I should ask my next of kin's consent,
as I go down the dark, spiral descent,
and enter the drink of the discontent.

Its potent and comes from a grape vine,
So it gets me drunk in no time,
I go from feeling fine,
to borderline,
You don't have to be Einstein,
to realise that red wine,
has put me in a far-from-fine decline!

In the morning I wake,
and groan; "for fuck's sake...."
and I have a hideous headache,
due to yet another Sangria mistake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home